DST Version 4 Released
Lead Materiel Integrator Decision Support Tool V4
What is it?
The Lead Materiel Integrator Decision Support Tool V4 (LMI DST), developed by the Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA), is a web-based tool, available via the Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) portal. It contains a powerful sourcing engine that compares the Army's resources (i.e., "supply") with validated, prioritized requirements (i.e., "demand"). Incorporating Army policy and leadership directives, DST recommends efficient materiel sourcing solutions. The LMI vets these solutions with the Army's materiel stakeholders, and DST tracks approved actions from initiation to completion.
With the release of V4, the LMI DST now enables users to simulate multiple equipping scenarios, to execute the best course of action.
To read the entire US Army press release click here
(Displayed here courtesy of US Army Publication STAND-TO! Edition: Tuesday, July 9, 2013.)
AST 6.8 Release This July
AST is poised to be a go-to application at U.S. FORCES COMMAND with more users than ever before!
- Integration with ARTIMS (Army Training Information Management Systems) to provide visibility into exercise and training opportunities across the Army Reserve and National Guard.
- Capability to distribute Units to a Combatant Commander if the Unit is entering the Available Force Period within a Fiscal Year and is not allocated against a Joint Staff Validated Requirement or already assigned to a Combatant Commander.
- Capability to support Unit Allocation and vetting of sourcing decisions for the Army National Guard and United States Army Reserve.
- Modifying report filtering options across AST to assist users with retrieving data from AST.
- Continued to expand the on-line help across AST.
- Adding additional functionality to E-Sync to support managing Friction Points. AST 6.8 will allow users to close friction points that have been resolved.
Learn More About AST
Process Simulator 2014… Coming Soon!
This release of Process Simulator will be compatible with Visio 2013 and support these great features:
- Change Shape - that's right, this new capability in Visio allows you to replace any shape already in your process flow diagram. You no longer need to disconnect the connections, delete the shape, add a new shape, and then reconnect the connections. Simply select the shape you want to change and then select a new shape from the Change Shape drop down in the Ribbon. All your simulation properties (duration, shift, logic, etc.) for that shape will be automatically transferred to the new shape.
- Office File Format - Visio also implemented the Office compressed file format standard. This keeps your files small in size and allows for version history tracking when stored in SharePoint. Process Simulator supports this new format.
Process Simulator 2014 will also bring you these new features and enhancements:
- Percentage Routes as Scenario Parameters - Want to quickly see the impact of changing the percentages at a decision based routing in your process? Simply add the percentage routes in Scenario Manger, change their values, and simulate the new scenario.
- Attach Route - we've added several new capabilities to the Attach route to make your modeling easier:
- Attach Before/After Activity
- Attach with Time Limit - specify how much time to give the attaching entities before the base entity takes what its got and moves on
- Attach by Attribute Value - reduce your attach connections and entity types by utilizing attach by attribute.
- Batch by Attribute - for a Buffer activity, batch your entities based upon an attribute value of each entity. This will help reduce the number of entities defined in your model.
- Default Activity and Move Times - change the default activity duration and move times your shapes and route connections are given when created or converted. Don't want to have a default move time? It can do that too.
- Plus more enhancements and fixes as well...
Learn More About PCS