Quicklinks: AST DST NST Process Simulator
What’s New with ProModel Custom Tools
for the US ARMY?
ProModel Corporation Releases AST 6.8, a Custom Solution for US Army Forces Command
Simulation-based software company provides custom predictive analytic solutions to US Army Forces Command for sourcing and synchronizing Army resources.
(Allentown, PA) ProModel Corporation, a leading predictive analytic BI software and services company, today announced the release of AST 6.8 (Army Force Generation, Synchronization Toolset), a custom predictive analytic software platform used by US Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) to source and synchronize Army resources.
ProModel’s AST is the authoritative system FORSCOM uses to conduct its unit planning and sourcing process in ARFORGEN. AST provides the Army with the means to view the predicted impact of today’s sourcing decisions on tomorrow’s utilization of Army personnel moving through ARFORGEN. AST “on screen” capabilities consolidates data from multiple sources, applies existing or “what if” business rules, predicts the outcome, and automatically depicts results thereby eliminating lengthy manual, linear, and presentation based methods previously employed. AST cut single Courses of Action development time from days to minutes while enabling multiple Courses of Action within the same timeframe.
To read the entire AST 6.8 press release, please click here.
AST 6.8 Released
AST is poised to be a go-to application at U.S. FORCES COMMAND with more users than ever before!
- Integration with ARTIMS (Army Training Information Management Systems) to provide visibility into exercise and training opportunities across the Army Reserve and National Guard.
- Capability to distribute Units to a Combatant Commander if the Unit is entering the Available Force Period within a Fiscal Year and is not allocated against a Joint Staff Validated Requirement or already assigned to a Combatant Commander.
- Capability to support Unit Allocation and vetting of sourcing decisions for the Army National Guard and United States Army Reserve.
- Modifying report filtering options across AST to assist users with retrieving data from AST.
- Continued to expand the on-line help across AST.
- Adding additional functionality to E-Sync to support managing Friction Points. AST 6.8 will allow users to close friction points that have been resolved.
Learn More About AST
DST Version 4 Released
Lead Materiel Integrator Decision Support Tool V4
What is it?
The Lead Materiel Integrator Decision Support Tool V4 (LMI DST), developed by the Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA), is a web-based tool, available via the Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) portal. It contains a powerful sourcing engine that compares the Army's resources (i.e., "supply") with validated, prioritized requirements (i.e., "demand"). Incorporating Army policy and leadership directives, DST recommends efficient materiel sourcing solutions. The LMI vets these solutions with the Army's materiel stakeholders, and DST tracks approved actions from initiation to completion.
With the release of V4, the LMI DST now enables users to simulate multiple equipping scenarios, to execute the best course of action.
To read the entire US Army press release click here
(Displayed here courtesy of US Army Publication STAND-TO! Edition: Tuesday, July 9, 2013.)
Despite the U.S. government shutdown and looming budget crisis, the users of ProModel’s Naval Synchronization Toolset (NST) continue to execute their mission. NST is a web-enabled planning tool that allows schedule planners to source Navy squadrons to air wings and air wings to aircraft carriers. Bi-annually, the Master Aviation Plan (MAP) is produced using NST and signed by Commander, Naval Air Forces as THE plan for the Naval Aviation Enterprise.
Resident within NST is an additional capability to pro-actively manage the inventory of strike-fighter aircraft (FA-18 A-F) in order to meet the demands of the Carrier Strike Groups. Once the production of the MAP is complete, the users of the Airframe Inventory Management (AIM) module manipulate the sourcing of aircraft to squadrons in order to extend the life of legacy aircraft and balance the utilization of newer strike-fighter aircraft. The result is a comprehensive leveling of resources in order to meet the needs of Combatant Commanders worldwide.
Rapid and intelligent Course of Action (COA) production capability inherent to NST has ensured that our community of users continue to “march on” and achieve their mission.
Process Simulator 2014 released
Visio 2013 Integration
Process Simulator now integrates with Visio 2013 (32-bit). A few of the new features introduced by Visio 2013 that Process Simulator supports are:
- Change Shape- this new capability in Visio allows you to replace any shape already in your diagrams. You no longer need to disconnect the connections, delete the shape, add a new shape, and then reconnect the connections (besides the fact you lose all your simulation properties). Simply select the shape you want to change and then select a new shape from the Change Shape drop down in the Ribbon. All of your simulation properties (duration, shift, logic, etc.) for that shape will be automatically transferred to the new shape.
- Office File Format - Visio also implemented the Office compressed file format standard (VSDX). This keeps your files small in size and allows for version history tracking when stored in SharePoint. Process Simulator supports this new format as well as the old VDX and VSD formats.
Percentage Routes in Scenarios
Want to quickly see the impact of changing the percentages at a decision based routing in your process? Simply add the percentage routes as a parameter in Scenario Manger, change their values, and simulate the new scenario. It’s that easy.
Attach by Attribute and Time Limit
We’ve added several new capabilities to the Attach route to make your modeling of assembly, loading, and joining activities easier:
- Attach by Attribute Value- reduce your attach connections and entity types by attaching entities based upon their attribute values.
- Attach with Time Limit- specify how much time to give the attaching entities before the base entity takes whatever it has and moves on.
- Attach Before/After Activity – decide whether the attach action occurs before the base entity has executed its logic or after.
Batch by Attribute
For a Buffer activity, batch your entities based upon the attribute value of each entity. This helps reduce the number of entities defined in your model. For example, if you have a process that has many different parts with unique part numbers and need to batch them for processing. Assign the part number to an attribute and batch by attribute value. One entity, one attribute, very simple.
Default Activity and Move Times
When adding new activities or routing connections to your diagram, they are given default duration and move times. These default times can now be changed to values you prefer for your models. Don't want to have a default move time? Set the default time to be blank. These defaults also apply when converting pre-existing diagrams to simulation models.
<Activity Time> Statement
We’ve included this new control statement to Activity Logic, which allows you to designate when the Activity time defined in the properties window is executed. By default, the Activity time occurs after the Activity Logic is completed. Now, placing the <Activity Time> statement within your logic gives you control of when it actually takes place.
New Tutorial Video
The Process Simulator Standard Tutorial has been revamped and now has several video segments for you to follow along with. Check it out online
- New options for Tables in Output Viewer allow you to change the font and font size, bold the column headers, and center justify the columns of data.
- Run a specific replication of your model by placing the "@" symbol in front of your replication number defined in the Simulation Properties (e.g. "@5").
- Serial Numbers can be entered during installation and are displayed in the About dialog for easy access and quick reference when calling Technical Support.
- Macros can be used in Percentage routes.
The complete list of changes can be found in the Solutions Café. You can also watch the What’s New in Process Simulator 2014 webinar describing these features in more detail.