Technical Support News
ProModel is totally committed to your success. Whether you have a technical support question or are attending a training course, our goal is to always deliver value and exceed your expectations.
Our comprehensive Maintenance and Support contract includes:
- Extended technical support hours, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Access to the ProModel Solutions Cafe, a constantly growing knowledge base of solutions and techniques.
- Software upgrades and product enhancements for one year.
- One (1) Consultant review per Quarter per License under Maintenance and Support contract.
If you need to renew your contract, please contact Jamie Tracy at (610)391-9700 x 701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solution Café Updates:
The tech support team is pleased to announce that there have been several updates made to the Solution Café:
- Over 100 new solutions have been added to the Solutions Café Knowledge Base.
- The latest product downloads are available.
- Latest Webinars.
The support team is working hard to develop more solution models and documentation for customers this year. If you have not logged in to your Solutions Café Account lately, please do so today!
Visit the Solutions Café today at http://www.promodel.com/solutionscafe/. If you need any assistance you can contact technical support at email@example.com or via our toll-free support line at 888-PROMODEL (888-776-6633).
Technical Support vs. Consulting Services:
Technical support is designed to help our customers understand the proper use of our software. Support resources are available from 6 AM to 6 PM Mountain time Mon-Fri. We are respected in the simulation industry for providing the highest level of customer support available. However, sometimes, there are situations in which we must make a distinction between what is technical support and what is rightfully consulting.
Technical Support Includes:
1. Helping a customer understand how a software feature works or is intended to be used. This may be done by providing a small model that isolates a specific concept, syntax or piece of logic.
2. Helping a customer to debug a model. This includes explaining the tools that are available to find problems in model logic/structure and/or looking at the customer’s model to help them locate the problem.
3. Modeling methodology and technique recommendations. Suggested methods are not guaranteed and may not include implementation into the customer’s model.
4. Help from support resources based at ProModel’s headquarters in Orem, Utah. No on-site technical support services are provided.
5. Help that is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. When a support issue is resolved, that ticket is closed out. If a follow up question arises, it does not take priority over other issues in the support queue.
6. Access to our Solutions Café online Knowledgebase, which is available 24/7.
Technical Support Excludes:
1. Building models for customers. This includes requests to implement customized logic or error checking routines in multiple places throughout a customer model. Once the source of a problem has been determined and the solution has been tested, the customer is expected to implement recurring instances of the solution.
2. Access to a specific support resource. A particular resource may be requested because of familiarity with the customer’s support issue. However, each support resource addresses issues in their queue on a first-come, first-served basis.
Response Time Goal:
ProModel’s standard response time goal is 6 business hours when a request is received through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our toll-free support line at 888-PROMODEL. Requests sent directly to a personal e-mail or voicemail account may not be answered in as timely a manner due to personnel schedules, vacations, etc.
Consulting Services Include:
Our Support Team, Ryan Reyes, Austin Mellies, Curtis Fletcher, and Aaron Nelson look forward to working with you all!
1. Dedicated use of a ProModel technical resource to develop a turnkey solution to a customer’s specific application.
2. Dedicated use of a ProModel technical resource to provide on-going assistance with a customer who is developing their own complex model(s).
3. Periodic or scheduled reviews of long-term customer projects. This is normally done through a retainer agreement or Technical Service Agreement between ProModel and the customer.
4. On-site training (basic, advanced, or customized) for a large number of trainees.